Tips to leave soft feather-beds and cross over to firm mattresses, or even boards or floors, have sounded more often lately. Stories about miraculous healings and the benefits of sleep on a hard surface sometimes look convincing enough and make you think. However, you should not rush to buy a hard mattress. First, make sure that "Spartan sleep" is right for you, and decide on a suitable product model.An important difference between hard mattresses is increased resistance to heavy loads. Therefore, it is not surprising that people who weigh more than 90-100 kilograms are advised to buy hard mattresses in the first place. Only such models will provide comfortable support for the back of a full person, will not sag and help to avoid the "hammock effect".
When choosing a hard mattress, the main thing is not to go too far with this very rigidity. A mistake here can result in problems with the spine and a lot of discomforts.
Your mattress is too hard if:
- in the morning you feel pain in the lumbar region;
- when you lie flat on the mattress on your back;
- your hand passes freely under the lower back zone, moreover, there is even extra space left;
- you toss and turn for a long time and cannot fall asleep;
- in the middle of the night, you wake up from a numb arm or leg, numbness or tingling in your limbs
Hard mattresses are very comfortable and even useful for many people, but their purchase should be treated carefully and competently.